9 quotes by Dhiru Bhai Ambani that will kindle the entrepreneurial spirit within you
He didn’t have the backing of a known family, an education from known places or even niche technical knowledge. But he had something in him that made others with all these qualities and factors work for him as his employees. He had an astute vision, the ability to deliver, and most of all, the strength and tenacity to go the extra mile for his clients wherever they are. And for that, quite a few times, he was known to bend, twist and turn rules (which were in hindsight plainly unjustified to every stakeholder!) that would in normal cases be the bane of any entrepreneur.
He was Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani fondly known to the world as Dhirubhai Ambani. Born to a school-teacher father in the Junagadh district of Gujarat, going against established order was his won’t from early on when in his youth, he was part of the agitation that ultimately forced the Nawab of Junagadh to join the Union of India.
This streak was present in him all through his fights with the authorities to do business which then was a maze of never-yielding legalities that did more to demoralize an entrepreneur than to help them grow. He managed everything with a smooth and assured stubbornness that was born out of the ability to persevere at all cost to get one’s bidding done.
Using every offending rule to his advantage, he built brick-by-brick India’s biggest Corporate body, the Reliance Industries that under his sons today deals in everything from petroleum to polyester, telecom, retail to even defense manufacturing, life sciences, logistics, solar energy, and media. And in that, besides the sheer size of the edifice of the business, there were other notables including the sheer number of stakeholders including shareholders whose lives he changed. For them it is said that the company’s AGMs were held in the entirety of a stadium in Mumbai!
Having risen from the bottom of the pit to the heights of the sky in one lifetime, Dhirubhai has more than his share of quotes and teaching that ought to be shared with the world. A few, and the most notable ones we mention below:
- We must always go for the best. Do not compromise on quality and reject if it is not the best — not only the best in India, but globally.
- There is no question about that (retirement). Business is my hobby. It is not a burden to me.
- I consider myself a pathfinder. I have been excavating the jungle and making the road for others to walk. I like to be the first in everything I do.
- Between my past, the present and the future, there is one common factor and that is Relationship & Trust. This is the foundation of our growth.
- Often people think the opportunity is a matter of luck. I believe opportunities are all around us. Some seize it while others stand and let it pass by.
Keep Reading: https://quoteframe.insightssuccess.in/9-quotes-by-dhiru-bhai-ambani-that-will-kindle-the-entrepreneurial-spirit-within-you/