15+ Inspiring Dalai Lama quotes on love, life, and humanity.
The second wave of coronavirus has the world hard. The whole world started the year 2021 with new hope and optimism has yet again fallen prey to the darker shadows of increasing coronavirus cases, death rates, and post-COVID infections.
Amidst such crisis, it is human tendency to find solace and strength in divine spirituality. And the spiritual leaders across the world are showing the path of light by enlightening people with knowledge and a true form of happiness.
The Dalai Lama, staying true to a spiritual leader’s nature, has found a positive outcome of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is the need for a ‘sense of oneness’ in seven billion people.
Time and again, through his books, interviews, and speeches, His Holiness has shared why materialistic happiness can’t satisfy the soul. The need for love and compassion for the happiness of others and our own is the mantra he keeps sharing with humanity to move forward and create a better and peaceful today and tomorrow.
Here is a list of the quotes on love, life, and humanity by the Dalai Lama to bring a glimmer of hope and strength in your life to face the global as well as personal pandemics.
- “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
- “In order to carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision.”
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” — Dalai Lama, The Art of Happiness
- “We tend to think that happiness comes from money and power, without acknowledging the role of the mind or that the key to happiness is inner peace. When we are mentally distressed, physical comfort brings little relief, whereas we can often withstand physical pain if we are mentally at peace.” — Dalai Lama, The Little Book of Encouragement
- “Our life depends so much on others that at the root of our existence lies a fundamental need for love. This is why it is good to cultivate an authentic sense of responsibility and concern for the welfare of others.”