10 Quotes By Inspirational Personalities In The World Of Business.
Specialization brought an end to a life where everyone did everything just in order to survive. Our ancestors first stepped down from hunting and living in caves to cutting down forests and becoming pastoral agriculturists.
In such times, everyone did everything. All of them had land to till and animals to tend to. The result was uneventful life and continued till the time of the serfs, the land-less labor class who brought in, for the first time, the concept of specialized service and through it, a living.
The world of business that we today know, is an extension of that specialized services thought in a much larger and diversified form. In fact, so diversified has the world of business become that it has lost its mooring to land and today provides for most of the employment and life on the planet.
The world of business and all of its struggles to survive and grow has brought with it an element of philosophy and insight into life itself. Quotes on the same by eminent personalities in the world of business form an essential when one needs much-in-need motivation. A few we quote below.
1. “You can’t have everything you want, but you can have the things that really matter to you.”
– Marissa Mayer, co-founder of Lumi Labs and former president and CEO of Yahoo!
The clear blue skies above are something all of us want. It looks good and is an indicator of sunny, clear days and cool evening and morning. That besides, we also need food on the table. The latter is a necessity irrespective of the color of the sky.
Our wants can wait but not so our needs. So, see the words of Marissa Mayer above. As for their relation to business, well it’s success at the latter that brings food on the table! The better you do, the more you get!
2. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat.”
– Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook and CEO of Leanin.org.
Opportunities may not knock on your door twice. For most, it doesn’t knock even once. Most wait for it till their end. For those lucky enough to hear the knock, it doesn’t make sense to be choosy. Grab it with both hands and make the most of it. Along the way, work and pray hard to change your circumstances!
3. “If you don’t innovate fast, disrupt your industry, disrupt yourself, you’ll be left behind.”
–John Chambers, Chairman Emeritus of Cisco, and CEO of JC2 Ventures.
Disruptions take place all the time, and it’s always flexible in abilities and attitude who make the most of it. As for the rest, they just fall apart like chiseled pieces of stone which are known to be brittle and inflexible.
Question everything, be it yourself, your circumstances, your industry, or your life. Because when you question, you get answers that bring newer ways and insights which can be quicker, more efficient, effective, and economical.
4. “Transparency within your organization is the difference between having a business that’s simply running and having one that’s moving in one direction.”
– Michael Riedijk, CEO of PageFreezer Software and director of West Coast Ventures and Lucent BioSciences.
A view through-and-through affords the opportunity to bring complete change, and sometimes even a much-needed course correction. For those without it, the journey can be quite aimless, and sometimes meaningless.
5. “Work takes on new meaning when you feel you are pointed in the right direction. Otherwise, it’s just a job, and life is too short for that.”
– Tim Cook, CEO of Apple.
An enterprise without a goal is like a life without ambition and meaning. On the contrary, one in the right direction under the right people races against time to come to the top!