Over the last few years, cannabidiol has grown to become a popular natural remedy for several ailments. Better known as CBD, cannabidiol is one of over 100 compounds found in the cannabis plant. Tetrahydrocannabinol is the psychoactive compound found in the Cannabis sativa that causes hallucinations.
However, it is non-psychoactive and beneficial in treating various psychological ailments. Whether through pain relief or easing anxiety, products like Sunday Scaries CBD gummies can help individuals significantly. Read on to learn more about psychological factors that CBD can improve naturally.
How Does CBD Work?
The human body contains millions of different protein-based chemical structures linked to our cells called receptors. These receptors receive signals from various stimuli and trigger responses to them naturally. It interacts with two of these receptors in our central and peripheral nervous system, namely CB1 and CB2. Scientists are yet to discover the exact nature of their function in the human body. However, research indicates that these receptors help with regulating serotonin production. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is integral to our mental health. Low serotonin levels may lead to a plethora of disorders, like depression and anxiety.
Conventional medicine deals with low serotonin production by using a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor through synthetic drugs. However, these drugs always require a prescription and cause several unwanted side effects. CBD, on the other hand, serves as a natural remedy to regulate serotonin production. Additionally, it causes very few, if any, side effects which can become problematic. Let us now look at some of the potential psychological benefits of using CBD oil.
Psychological Benefits of Using CBD Oil
- Pain medication: The most researched and integral benefit of using this oil is that it helps with pain relief. Individuals suffering from chronic pain can rely on CBD for support and comfort. These products work by influencing our endocannabinoid system, which regulates our appetite, sleep, and pain. All our bodies produce neurotransmitters called endocannabinoids, which bind to receptors within the body. It helps alleviate chronic pain by interacting with these neurotransmitters.
- Better mobility: CBD gummies and oil help reduce pain and inflammation, it enables better mobility. People suffering from a variety of illnesses, such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis, have difficulty moving. It can help relieve pain and muscular spasms, making it easier for them to move and carry out daily functions.
- Good for anxiety: When it comes to treating mental health issues like anxiety, such products can be real game-changers. Such illnesses can have devastating effects on overall wellbeing and health and are particularly difficult to handle. While synthetic drugs to combat such diseases have several adverse side effects, it is relatively milder.
4. Fight depression: A research done by the WHO showed that depression serves as the single most significant contributor to various forms of disability worldwide. Pharmaceutical drugs used to treat depression can cause insomnia, headaches, agitation, and drowsiness. Some of these are also highly addictive and may lead to substance abuse in the long run. On the other hand, CBD oil is a natural remedy that allows people comfort without severe side effects.
5. Improved sleep: CBD oil is also effective against insomnia, helping individuals relax and sleep with ease. It is also effective in treating sleeping disorders in children when used in suitable dosages. It can interact with our serotonin receptors, helping relax us effectively.
6. Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Several studies have shown that this oil can help individuals with PTSD. CBD oil acts as a neurotransmitter that influences our neural receptors. As a result, it impacts serotonin regulation in our body, helping calm our nerves and impact our social behavior.
7. Effective cancer drug: CBD oil can also help in alleviating symptoms related to cancer and cancer treatment. It can help reduce vomiting, chronic pain, insomnia, and nausea associated with chemotherapy and late-stage cancer. Certain studies have shown that it works in tandem with THC to produce better pain and nausea relief. Nausea and vomiting are the two most common symptoms associated with chemotherapy. While certain synthetic drugs claim to help with these, they are often ineffective and highly reactive. As a result, patients often seek natural, more effective alternatives like CBD.
8. Neuroprotective properties: Since CBD-based products influence our endocannabinoid system it possesses several neuroprotective properties. These systems help in signaling and regulating various neural responses. Hence, anything that can impact the ECS can treat neurological disorders. This oil is beneficial in treating illnesses, such as multiple sclerosis, Dravet syndrome, and epilepsy. However, research about this field is relatively new though it is highly promising.