10 Azim Premji quotes to inspire you for success in life
He is one of India’s doyens in the field of software who is known in India for the frugality of his existence given that he is said to travel ‘economy class’ on flights when on business. These days, he is also known for philanthropy and is said to have donated in excess of INR 9000 crores (USD 12.27 billion approximately) to charities for the education of India’s poor and deprived children.
Azim Hasham Premji, know to the world as Azim Premji headed Western Indian Vegetable Products for the first time in the year 1966 after the passing away of his father. In time it became WIPRO. With the change in its name came the change in its product profile which went from cooking oils to soaps and toiletries, electricals to software and IT-related products. The last came about in the early 80s and corresponded with the departure of IBM from India.
In the intervening years both Wipro and its ex-Chairman have created a name for themselves in the field of IT and related products that have stood the test of time and of usability with some of Wipro’s products being considered game-changers in the industry.
As is wont of a charismatic leader of his stature, Azim Premji too has created some of the best quotes of his experiences in varied fields be it leadership, growth, development, the need for compassion and nurturing, and the likes. We have compiled some of his best quotes and mentioned them below. Hope you find same to be interesting reading.
- Character is one factor that will guide all our actions and decisions.
- We invested in uncompromising integrity that helped us take difficult stands in some of the most difficult business situations.
- In our way of working, we attach a great deal of importance to humility and honesty; With respect for human values, we promise to serve our customers with integrity.
- I strongly believe that those of us, who are privileged to have wealth, should contribute significantly to try and create a better world for the millions who are far less privileged.
- I was 21 and had spent the last few years in Stanford University Engineering School at California. Many people advised me to take up a nice, cushy job rather than face the challenges of running a hydrogenated oil business. Looking back, I am glad I decided to take charge instead. Essentially leadership begins from within. It is a small voice that tells you where to go when you feel lost. If you believe in that voice, you believe in yourself.
- There are millions of children today who don’t attend school. However, education is the only way to get ahead in this country.